Assistant Pastor – Youth
Battle Ground Bible Church is an independent church founded on, and governed by, the Word of God. It has been in the community of Battle Ground Indiana for just over 30 years. The church is committed to building up and equipping God’s people, cultivating in them a passion for God and compassion for people. More information can be found at https://bgbc.org
Battle Ground Bible Church is searching for an Assistant Pastor, focusing on youth ministry. The successful candidate must be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a heart for serving Him, a love for the local church, and a commitment to excellence. The Assistant Pastor will encourage and shepherd God’s people to worship Him in spirit and truth, with a special focus on the discipleship of youth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be an active member and participant on the pastoral staff team, giving support and ideas when needed.
- Report directly to the pastor and/or elders.
- Oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry (preschool-high school) to include curriculum, Sundaymorning programming, Wednesday night Kids Club, as well as other semi-regular youth events.
- Plan, prepare and present regular biblical teaching on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings withthe middle school and high school group.
- Develop and maintain communication and rapport with parents of youth.
- Actively seek to recruit and mentor volunteers.
- Participate in on-going personal, spiritual and ministerial development and growth.EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry related field preferred
- 2+ years ministry experience preferred
- Active involvement in youth ministry in a local church, paid or volunteerESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with a character that is consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- In agreement with and holds to the Battle Ground Bible Church Statement of Faith
- Genuinely humble and teachable, able to learn and be molded and mentored by more mature believers
- Able to work as part of a team and desiring to see others succeed
- Displays compassion for others, and quick to resolve conflict in a godly way
- Takes initiative and is highly motivated to serve God
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional relational skills; exhibits passion and energy
- Able to lead othersAPPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to ensure consideration submission is encouraged by February 1, 2019. Applications must include a letter of interest emphasizing the candidate’s ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position, along with a resume. Applications and questions should be sent electronically and addressed to the search committee at email@example.com. References and a background check are required for employment in this position.